Mid-Life Pearls of Wisdom for those of us in, out or almost there...
That's my philosophy and I'm sticking to it!
- Mid-life is when the growth of hair on our legs slows down. This
gives us plenty of time to care for our newly acquired mustache.
- In mid-life women no longer have upper arms, we have wingspans.
We are no longer women in sleeveless shirts, we are flying squirrels in drag.
- Mid-life is when you can stand naked in front of a mirror and you can see your
rear without turning around.
- Mid-life is when you go for a mammogram and you realize that this is the only
time someone will ask you to appear topless.
- Mid-life is when you want to grab every firm young lovely in a tube top and scream,
"Listen honey, even the Roman empire fell and those will too."
- Mid-life brings wisdom to know that life throws us curves and
we're sitting on our biggest ones.
- Mid-life is when you look at your-know-it-all teenager and think: "For this I have stretch marks?"
- In mid-life your memory starts to go. In fact the only thing we can retain is water and fat.
- Mid-life means that your Body By Jake now includes Legs By Rand McNally --
more red and blue lines than an accurately scaled map of Wisconsin.
- Mid-life means that you become more reflective...
You start pondering the "big" questions.
What is life? Why am I here? How much Healthy Choice ice
cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?
- But mid-life also brings with it an appreciation for what is important.
- We realize that breasts sag, hips expand and chins double, but our loved ones make
the journey worthwhile. Would any of you trade the knowledge that you
have now for the body you had way back when?
- Maybe our bodies simply have to expand to hold all the wisdom and love we've acquired.
REMEMBER: "stressed" spelled backward is "desserts."